Newly revised and updated for this fourth edition, this groundbreaking book has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come.
As Dr. Christiane Northrup explains, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
In this fourth edition, Dr. Northrup draws on the current research and medical advances in women’s health, including:
• Up-to-date information on hormone testing and hormone therapy, with new options and new research
• A whole new take on losing weight and training your mind to release extra pounds
• New insights on the relationship between thyroid, Hashimoto’s Disease, and Epstein Bar Syndrome
• New, less invasive and more effective fibroid treatments
• Which supplements are better than botox for keeping skin looking youthful
• How taking the supplement Pueraria mirifica can optimize many aspects of midlife health and wellness
• Why older women don’t need the HPV vaccine
With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.